Director: Lucio Marcaccini / Starring: Guido Alberti, Maurizio Arena, Ennio Balbo, Marcel Bozzuffi, Bud Cort.
Lucio Marcaccini’s only film, Hallucination Strip is a psychedelic trip with a social commentary. Bud Cort, in his debut performance, plays Massimo Monaldi, a student involved in political protests and juvenile delinquency. When Massimo steals a valuable tobacco box, he quickly becomes tangled in a dangerous web between the police and the mafia. Culminating in an extended and elaborately choreographed party sequence, underscored with an excellent soundtrack by Albert Verrecchia, Hallucination Strip excels with it’s not-so-subtle mix of sex, drugs, religion, politics and corruption.
- New HD transfer form original 35mm negative
- Digitally restored
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Fully illustrated booklet by Nocturno Cinema
- Video interview with the Film Editor Giulio Berruti
- Original Italian Theatrical trailer
- Original English Theatrical trailer