At the height of the Italian giallo boom in the early 1970s, scores of filmmakers turned their hand to crafting their own unique takes on these lurid murder-mystery thrillers. This limited edition double pack features two distinctive offerings by Emilio P. Miraglia, which meld twisty whodunit narratives with gothic chills.
In The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave, troubled aristocrat Alan Cunningham (Anthony Steffen, Django the Bastard), haunted by the death of his first wife Evelyn, tries to move on by marrying the seductive Gladys (Marina Malfatti, All the Colours of the Dark). Marital bliss is short-lived, however, as various relatives meet untimely and gruesome deaths, prompting speculation that a vengeful Evelyn has risen from the grave.
Meanwhile, in The Red Queen Kills Seven Times, an age-old family curse hits sisters Kitty (Barbara Bouchet, Milano Calibro 9) and Franziska (Marina Malfatti) following the death of their grandfather Tobias (Rudolf Schündler, The Exorcist, Suspiria). Every hundred years, so the legend goes, the bloodthirsty Red Queen returns and claims seven fresh victims. Was Tobias just the first… and are Kitty and Franziska next?
With both films making their worldwide Blu-ray debuts in stunning new 2K restorations, there has never been a better time to explore these little-seen giallo gems!
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Limited Edition box set (3000 copies) containing The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave and The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
- Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (lossless DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray Discs)
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
- Limited Edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by James Blackford, Kat Ellinger, Leonard Jacobs and Rachael Nisbet
THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE
- New audio commentary by Troy Howarth
- Exclusive introduction by actress Erika Blanc
- Writer Stephen Thrower on The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave
- The Night Erika Came Out of the Grave exclusive interview with Erika Blanc
- The Whip and the Body archival interview with Erika Blanc
- Still Rising from the Grave archival interview with production designer Lorenzo Baraldi
- Original Italian and US theatrical trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
THE RED QUEEN KILLS SEVEN TIMES
- New audio commentary by Alan Jones and Kim Newman
- Writer Stephen Thrower on The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
- Archival introduction by production/costume designer Lorenzo Baraldi
- Dead à Porter archival interview with Lorenzo Baraldi
- Rounding Up the Usual Suspects archival interview with actor Marino Masé
- If I Met Emilio Miraglia Today archival featurette with Erika Blanc, Lorenzo Baraldi and Marino Masé
- My Favourite… Films archival interview with actress Barbara Bouchet
- Alternative opening
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx.